Faster, safer and smarter than default browsers.
Opera is, along with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, one of the best alternatives when it comes to browsing the Internet. This excellent Chromium-based web browser has been evolving for years towards a more complete program concept that not only allows us to browse and consult all our favorite pages, but also manage and store our contacts, synchronize our profile in the cloud or check current news through your own integrated service.
Opera also includes support for Bittorrent downloads, an intelligent tab system and thumbnail preview, as well as the ability to control functions by voice or keyboard. In addition, it allows us to save annotations of the pages we visit.
The program presents a robust behavior and a much lower consumption of resources compared to other similar programs. While previously using the WebKit rendering engine, he decided to team up with Google to use the Blink engine.
In its latest versions, Opera has opted for a new design and visual tabs, a faster engine that increases its speed by 40% compared to its previous version, and better standards support. It integrates WhatsApp, Telegram and Facebook Messenger web clients to use them as if they were extensions. In addition, it allows the customization of its interface thanks to the installation of themes.
I believe you meant to refer to the web browser “Opera.” Opera is a web browser developed by Opera Software and is available for multiple operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
Here are some key features of Opera:
- Speed and Performance: Opera aims to provide a fast and efficient browsing experience. It includes features like hardware acceleration and a built-in ad blocker to enhance performance.
- User Interface Customization: Opera offers a highly customizable user interface, allowing users to personalize their browsing experience. Users can choose from different themes, adjust the layout, and add or remove features as per their preferences.
- Tab Management: Opera offers several tab management features to help users navigate their browsing sessions more efficiently. It includes options like tab stacking, tab previews, and a visual tab cycler.
- Integrated VPN: Opera has a built-in virtual private network (VPN) feature, which provides users with an added layer of privacy and security by encrypting their internet traffic.
- Privacy and Security: Opera incorporates various security features, such as fraud and malware protection, as well as support for secure browsing protocols like HTTPS. It also includes a tracking protection feature to prevent third-party trackers from monitoring user activity.
- Messaging Services Integration: Opera integrates popular messaging services, such as WhatsApp, Telegram, and Facebook Messenger, directly into the browser’s sidebar. This allows users to access their messaging apps without switching tabs or opening separate applications.
- Battery and Power Saving: Opera includes power-saving features that aim to extend the battery life of laptops and mobile devices. It achieves this by reducing the browser’s resource consumption, such as CPU and GPU usage.
- Opera Flow: Opera Flow is a feature that allows users to synchronize their browsing activity, links, notes, and files between the Opera browser on their desktop and the Opera Touch browser on their mobile device.
It’s worth noting that Opera’s development and features can evolve over time, so it’s always a good idea to refer to the official Opera website or documentation for the most up-to-date information.